- Each pomegranate contains about 600 seeds, or arils.
- The pomegranate is native to region between Northern India and Iran. The fruit has been grown from India all the way through the Mediterranean basin since ancient times.
- The seeds of the pomegranate are a good source of potassium and vitamin C.
- The fruit also contains polyphenol–a compound that is shown to promote heart health.
- The dark color of the pomegranate juice has large amounts of antioxidants in it which are credited in helping to prevent cancer and heart disease.
Make learning easy, tasty, and fun!
Download now for:
- Tips & recipes
- Nutritional information
- Presenter outline & talking points
- Sticker template
- PowerPoint presentation
- Student handouts
Can’t get enough fruits and veggies? Every month we feature a new fruit or veggie. Get fun facts, recipes, and more!