Fun Facts About Plums
- A “plumcot” is 50% plum and 50% apricot.
- An “aprium” is 75% apricot and 25% plum.
- A “pluot” is 75% plum and 25% apricot.
- Wild plum trees are symbolic of independence.
- Luther Burbank brought twelve plum seeds back from Japan, now almost all plums grown in the United States are related to those seeds.
What’s Included in the Plum Lesson Plan
- Tips & recipes
- Nutritional information
- Presenter outline & talking points
- Sticker template
- PowerPoint presentation
- Student handouts
Can’t get enough fruits and veggies? Every month we feature a new fruit or veggie. Get fun facts, recipes, and more!