Fun Facts About Peaches
- Genetically, nectarines differ from peaches by a single recessive gene — the one that makes peaches fuzzy.
- Yellow-fleshed peaches are more popular among Americans and Europeans, while Asians prefer the white-fleshed varieties.
- Members of the rose family, peaches are related to the almond.
- The peach is the state flower of Delaware and the state fruit of South Carolina. Georgia is nicknamed The Peach State.
- In World War I, peach pits were used as filters in gas masks.
What’s Included in the Peach Lesson Plan
- Tips & recipes
- Nutritional information
- Presenter outline & talking points
- Sticker template
- PowerPoint presentation
- Student handouts
Can’t get enough fruits and veggies? Every month we feature a new fruit or veggie. Get fun facts, recipes, and more!