Workwell Mental Health Grant
The South Dakota Department of Health is excited to release the 2023 Workwell Mental Health Grant. All South Dakota businesses starting a mental health program or expanding a current program are eligible to apply! This is an opportunity for you to become a worksite that values mental wellness and fosters a supportive work culture through organizational, environmental, and individual interventions.
$3,000-$6,000 per worksite
Grant Release: October 2022
Grant Submission Deadline: On or before October 31, 2022, by 5:00 pm CT
Grant Selection: November 2022
Grant Year Period: January 1, 2023—December 31, 2023
Grant Application Information
Programs often focus on mental wellness interventions at the organizational, environmental, or individual levels.
- NAMI StigmaFree Company Pledge
- NAMI Hearts+Minds Program
- Stipend for Wellness Coordinator’s time
- Building renovations strictly for classes (yoga, meditation, mindfulness) or a stress-reduction room
- Promotional & communication materials used on-site in break rooms etc
- Offering onsite/virtual mental health focused classes
- Partnering with local business to help provide gift cards for relaxation and stress-reduction activities
The National Alliance for Mental Illness (NAMI) StigmaFree Company Pledge and/or the Hearts+Minds Program is strongly encouraged. Additional interventions listed can be used to strengthen your mental health initiative; however, you are also encouraged to seek other interventions not listed that would be most suitable and sustainable for your worksite. Worksites starting a wellness program or expanding a current program are eligible to apply and will be awarded between $3,000 and $6,000.
Primary Contact: Enid Weiss
Primary Contact Email: email@example.com