Exercise is proven to help manage arthritis symptoms. It’s shown to increase strength and flexibility, reduce joint pain, and help combat fatigue. In fact, lack of exercise can actually make joints even more painful and stiff.
Fit & Strong! is an 8 or 12-week physical activity program designed for adults—especially older adults—with arthritis. Due to COVID-19, Fit & Strong programs are currently meeting virtually using Zoom and an online portal.
Class activities include:
- group discussion
- goal setting
- lower extremity strength exercises
- introduction to balance
- upper body exercises
Benefits to You
Fit & Strong! can help you:
- Learn about osteoarthritis and how physical activity can be tailored to your needs to help manage symptoms
- Learn safe stretching, balance, aerobic, and strengthening exercises
- Increase the frequency, duration, and intensity of exercise over time
- Incorporate physical activity into your lifestyle
- Develop a physical activity routine you can continue after the program ends
For more information on the Fit & Strong! program, contact: