- The carrot soon caught on in England as both a food and a fashion accessory. Ladies would often use carrot tops to decorate their hats.
- The scene from the movie It Happened One Night in which Clark Gable leans nonchalantly against a fence eating carrots while talking to Claudette Colbert inspired the creators of Bugs Bunny to give him the same nonchalant, carrot-eating demeanor.
- China is the world’s top carrot producer. The country produced 35 percent of the world’s carrots in 2004. Russia is the second top producer and the United States the third.
- Carrots are about 87% water.
- Eating too many carrots can cause a person’s skin to turn yellowish orange, especially on the palms or soles of the feet. This is called carotenemia. It is completely reversible once the consumption of carrots is reduced.
- The longest carrot ever recorded was nearly 17 feet long.
- The largest carrot ever recorded weighed 18.985 pounds.
Make learning easy, tasty, and fun!
Download now for:
- Tips & recipes
- Nutritional information
- Presenter outline & talking points
- Sticker template
- PowerPoint presentation
- Student handouts
Can’t get enough fruits and veggies? Every month we feature a new fruit or veggie. Get fun facts, recipes, and more!