Fun Facts About Apricots
- Both the apricot and the peach are members of the rose family.
- One apricot tree can produce fruit for as many as 25 years.
- In the United States, apricots are grown in California, Indiana and Washington.
- Fresh U.S. apricots are available from mid-May to mid-August.
- In 1-ounce, apricots contain enough beta carotene to supply 20% of your daily vitamin A requirements.
- Astronauts ate apricots on the Apollo moon mission.
What’s Included in the Apricot Lesson Plan
- Tips & recipes
- Nutritional information
- Presenter outline & talking points
- Sticker template
- PowerPoint presentation
- Student handouts
Can’t get enough fruits and veggies? Every month we feature a new fruit or veggie. Get fun facts, recipes, and more!