Check out these tips to practice cooking more at home and experiment with healthier ingredients!
- Instead of frying, try baking, broiling, boiling or microwaving
- Choose low-fat milk products, salad dressings and mayonnaise
- Use whole grain pastas, breads or tortillas
- Add salsa or plain yogurt on a baked potato instead of butter or sour cream
- Fill your casseroles with extra vegetables like green beans, carrots and broccoli
- Serve fruit instead of cookies or ice cream for dessert
- Try using beans or lentils as protein sources in your meals