Yes, you CAN avoid the junk food habit. When you plan ahead, healthy eating can be affordable!
Tips for sticking to your budget:
- Plan your meals every week.
- Make a grocery list and stick to it.
- Try not to shop when you are hungry.
- Clip coupons, organize them and keep them with you.
- Watch for sales, especially on meat close to its expiration date – you can always freeze it for later.
- Compare store brand prices with national brands.
- Remember, most canned, fresh and frozen items can be exchanged in recipes.
- Buy your favorite food items in bulk, if possible, such as noodles, beans, canned fruits and vegetables and more.