- Many vegetables evolved from the original wild cabbage including broccoli, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, collard greens, kale, and kohlrabi.
- All cole crops can be cross-bred, making it easy and economical to develop new cabbage varieties.
- Primary uses of cabbages include processed coleslaw (40-45%), fresh head (35%), sauerkraut (12%), various fresh-cut products (5-10%), and dried (less than 5%).
- Technological advancements in packaging have increased the number of cabbage heads for market about 30% since 1996.
Make learning easy, tasty, and fun!
Download now for:
- Tips & recipes
- Nutritional information
- Presenter outline & talking points
- Sticker template
- PowerPoint presentation
- Student handouts
Can’t get enough fruits and veggies? Every month we feature a new fruit or veggie. Get fun facts, recipes, and more!