You CAN make time for exercise!
5 Tips to Get Your Physical Activity in Each Week:
- Can you find 10 minutes in the morning? During your lunch break? In the afternoon? Just 10 minutes can make a big difference.
- Select activities that don’t require a lot of time and equipment. Walk, jog, ride your bike, climb the stairs or even ride a scooter. Be creative!
- Make physical activity a priority. Carve our time each week and mark it on your calendar like any other appointment!
- Make physical activity a family event. Go for family walks 1-2 times a week.
- Build physical activity into your daily routines. Have fun!
- Do heel raises or balance on one leg while you brush your teeth, read a book or even when you cook.
- Do resistance training exercises, stretches, jumping jacks or jump rope while watching television or during commercial breaks.
- Work out during breaks at work; stretch or take short walks.
For more information, visit healthysd.gov.
Download images here.