- The average strawberry has 200 seeds.
- The ancient Romans believed that strawberries alleviated symptoms of melancholy, fainting, all inflammations, fevers, throat infections, kidney stones, bad breath, attacks of gout, and diseases of the blood, liver and spleen.
- In medieval times, strawberries were served at important functions to bring peace & prosperity.
- To symbolize perfection, medieval stone masons carved strawberry designs on altars and around the tops of pillars in churches and cathedrals.
- Madame Tallien, a prominent figure at the court of the Emperor Napoleon, was famous for bathing in the juice of fresh strawberries. She used 22 pounds per basin. Needless to say, she did not bathe daily.
- There is a museum in Belgium just for strawberries.
- Over 53% of seven to nine-year-olds picked strawberries as their favorite fruit.
Make learning easy, tasty, and fun!
Download now for:
- Tips & recipes
- Nutritional information
- Presenter outline & talking points
- Sticker template
- PowerPoint presentation
- Student handouts