- The pineapple plant is an herbaceous monocot. It grows 2-4 feet tall and 3-4 feet wide.
- Fresh pineapple is the only known source of bromelain, which is an enzyme that has anti-inflammatory properties. Pineapple also contains potassium, iron, vitamin C, manganese, and fiber.
- People decorate their homes and offices with pineapples as a symbol of luck, so that one’s efforts will come to fruition.
- In some cultures the pineapple is known as one of the best gifts for a house warming party or the opening of a new business.
- Pineapples have an enzyme in them, like kiwi and papaya, that when used with meats will make the meat more tender. This enzyme is no longer active after it has been heated so canned varieties will not have this same property.
Make learning easy, tasty, and fun!
Download now for:
- Tips & recipes
- Nutritional information
- Presenter outline & talking points
- Sticker template
- PowerPoint presentation
- Student handouts