- Pears have been grown for a long time. France and Belgium were the first to grow pears as a harvested crop. Pears were valued for their flavor, texture and long storage life.
- They are a good source of Vitamin C which is essential for metabolism, healing and guarding against infectious diseases.
- Pears ripen better off the tree and from the inside out.
- California is #1 for growing Bartlett pears and #2 in pear production, growing 32% of all pears grown in the United States.
Make learning easy, tasty, and fun!
Download now for:
- Tips & recipes
- Nutritional information
- Presenter outline & talking points
- Sticker template
- PowerPoint presentation
- Student handouts