- On average, it takes about 10 to 15 bee visits for proper pollination to grow melons.
- By weight, the watermelon is the most common melon consumed in America, followed by the cantaloupe and honeydew melon.
- There are many varieties of the “western shipping type” cantaloupe, but since consumers cannot differentiate between them, they are marketed under the general name as “cantaloupe.”
- There are four main varieties of watermelon: allsweet, ice-box, seedless and yellow flesh.
Make learning easy, tasty, and fun!
Download now for:
- Tips & recipes
- Nutritional information
- Presenter outline & talking points
- Sticker template
- PowerPoint presentation
- Student handouts