- Mangoes are native to southern Asia, particularly eastern India, Myanmar (formerly Burma), and the Andaman Islands. Mangoes have been loved since Ancient times and cultivated for at least 4,000 years.
- The first mango was cultivated in Florida in 1833, which is the largest US producer. (India is the largest producer world-wide.)
- One cup of mangos is just 100 calories, so it’s a sweet treat that won’t weigh you down. Each serving of mango is fat free, sodium free, and cholesterol free.
- The timber of the mango tree is used for boats, flooring, furniture and other applications.
- In India, flour is made from mango seeds. Seeds are also eaten during periods of food shortages.
Make learning easy, tasty, and fun!
Download now for:
- Tips & recipes
- Nutritional information
- Presenter outline & talking points
- Sticker template
- PowerPoint presentation
- Student handouts
Can’t get enough fruits and veggies? Every month we feature a new fruit or veggie. Get fun facts, recipes, and more!