- 95% of the 30 million pounds of dates grown in the United States come from the Coachella and Salt River Valleys in Southern California.
- California’s San Joaquin Valley grows 20 percent of the world’s figs and 99% of the nation’s crop.
- California is the world’s leader of dried plums, producing about 65% of the world’s supply and almost 99% of the nation’s supply.
- Since 2001, California’s dried plum crop has had an average annual value of about $130 million.
- In the United States, raisins are produced almost exclusively in California’s Central Valley (mostly in Fresno County) and represent nearly half of the world’s supply.
- 90% of raisin production comes from the Thompson seedless grape variety.
Make learning easy, tasty, and fun!
Download now for:
- Tips & recipes
- Nutritional information
- Presenter outline & talking points
- Sticker template
- PowerPoint presentation
- Student handouts