- The banana plant is not a tree. It is actually the world’s largest herb!
- Americans have made bananas their favorite fruit. The average person in North America eats 29 pounds of bananas a year.
- Nearly an ideal food, the banana has a great deal to offer nutritionally.
- Bananas contain less water than most other fruits, so their carbohydrate content, by weight, is higher, which is one of the reasons that bananas are a favorite of endurance athletes.
- Athletes trying to naturally replace spent nutrients should consider eating a few bananas before, and after strenuous workouts.
Make learning easy, tasty, and fun!
Download now for:
- Tips & recipes
- Nutritional information
- Presenter outline & talking points
- Sticker template
- PowerPoint presentation
- Student handouts