- Asparagus cooks fast — Roman Emperor Augustus coined the phrase “velocius quam aspargi coquantur” which means “faster than you can cook asparagus.” Over the years, this has been shortened to “in a flash.”
- Per one-half cup serving, asparagus has the highest content of folate of any vegetable.
- Ancient and medieval medicinal practices used crushed asparagus tips to reduce swelling and alleviate pains associated with bee stings, wounds and infections.
- In proper conditions, asparagus can grow as much as one inch per hour — up to 12 inches in one day.
Make learning easy, tasty, and fun!
Download now for:
- Tips & recipes
- Nutritional information
- Presenter outline & talking points
- Sticker template
- PowerPoint presentation
- Student handouts